New Reunion

I feel like Facebook's “Suggested Friends”
have kind of become friends over the years.

I see that profile pic and name suggested to me
through the good times and through the tough times.

We’ve been through it all together just like real friends.
And they never judge me. They just sit there saying “maybe I’m your friend."
I’ve looked at the same 10 faces for going on 15 years.
Maybe I’ll see one of them at a party or the bookstore.

I mean we do have mutual friends.
Perhaps I need to be more open to the power of suggestion.

I’ve seen some of them so many times I’ll often wonder deeply,
“Do I know this person? They look so familiar”.

And occasionally I’ll see them suggested again a year later
and I’ll think “oh, that’s cute, the person who might be my friend changed their profile picture.

And it’s way better. That picture probably suits them better
although I can’t say for sure.”