Confirmatoon

I had a dream about Alice's Tea Cup,
so I went uptown,
only to be transported
to another life,
but only for a glimpse;
oh, how I wish I could touch it.

Youth with a spoon!

The pizza place is gone,
and there is a Whole Foods
where Anthony Bourdain used to live;
luckily he isn't alive to see this.

All the hobos I used to know
are gone, probably dead,
but hopefully they just walked south
to Key West 
like I used to tell them
as I flipped pennies
into their coffees. 

Confirming a cartoon!

I wish time travel existed
just to visit minutes
to see what they were really like
versus what we remember;
I'd carry her laundry longer,
and maybe I would be stronger. 

Meet me on 17th street,
and let's pretend it's 2010;
I know that's not the correct year,
but it kinda rhymes
and it's before our time,
so maybe we don't have to forget
the regrets,
but just dance around them. 

Poems are slight time travel!

But only on clear mornings,
after I've seen that you still
read this shit,
wondering why,
then remembering
you are a time traveler, too.