You should update your favicon

I am learning how to compromise the wild dream ideals 
and the necessary realities without such screaming pain.
- Sylvia

My days start the same way:
wake up, brush my teeth, make coffee,
check her blog. 

Learning that adult life is mostly being tired 
and a little bit heartbroken all the time, 
but that your heart is designed to beat and grieve

Chances are, I will never heal all my wounds, 
nor am I meant to. 
Perhaps they are to be faithful companions on my dumb, wonderful journey, 
worthy friends guiding me, reminding me of compassion and humility, 
and acting as an acutely sensitive barometer.

Indeed, a certain amount of pain and heartbreak may just be necessary 
for all of us if we are to stay grounded in our humanity 
and open to the rawness of living and loving 
in the unfathomable paradox of light and dark 
we endlessly wander through.

Some doors are meant to be shut,
but I still have a little wedge of wood
stuck in the hinges...just in case. 

My days end the same way:
Finish working, write some poems,
eat food, lay in bed watching tv, check her blog.