Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?

skipped the poetry show tonight,
needed some me time.
bought a Louisville hat,
just for the fuck of it. 

the microwave is doing that thing 
where I put something in it for fifteen minutes 
and it’s still cold,
but then if I nuke it again for 20 seconds,
and it's like lava.

I’m so glad the Star Wars emo nerd subculture exists.
I’m so glad that right now somewhere 
a group of middle aged men are playing pick-up basketball
as I reverse blow on this Bagel Bite in my mouth.

going from Modern Baseball to Ariana Grande,
everything reminds me of the past,
but nothing reminds of the future,
and I can ask a philosopher about love
or a cardiologist about heartbreak. 

be the leader or be led,
but find a balance between both those things
where you can just create and disappear
into the day and it's okay.

I am a vulnerable bull
apologizing for being in a China shop.
I see the eyes of the Buddha
telling me to pick who I fail for
and simply follow through.