katabatic coquettish

Does writing energize or exhaust you? she asks.
Both, I say, I guess.
If your novel was to be made into a movie, she goes on,
who are the celebrities that would star in it?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, I say,
turning to the server to order, my turn.
I gotta publish the damn thing first, I say.
She smiles and touches my pinky with her pinky. 

We are in a candelabra type of place;
there aren't any candelabras,
but one could see how there would be
in a dimly lit, Red Hook Italian restaurant. 

The meal comes, 
interrupting our lauded laughter
and I feel like I am in the play,
A View from the Bridge.

A summer smoke storm
blankets the outside,
and aside from social media,
we change nothing.

Luckily, I come equipped 
with bandanas already,
we kiss and reminisce about COVID,
over calamari.