so close yet so far

a borrowed muse...
the borrowed muse...
is in the same borough,
beyond a different life,
but I've been to that Bagel Cafe
on the corner before even realizing it.

every time I am in Brooklyn Heights...
which is not often...
I think about what I would do
if I ran into her,
but it is a good thing
that Greenpoint is a different world.

back when I was seeing someone
in Cobble Hill, I would hope
to run into her with the other her
because the other her
was a smoke show
and I am petty, I guess.

but I am working on that,
and just hope that if I ever do
run into her at that Urban Outfitters on Atlantic,
I have enough wherewithal
to say something cool and keep going
without looking back.

bet I'd saying something stupid
and still mull it over in my mind
for many years, until
one of us dies and the other
never finds out about it
because that is the most likely scenario.