Flawed & Self-Aware

You can add complicated to that list.
If I cut out my tongue,
would I finally learn
to shut the fuck up?

I was raised by someone
who was raised by some
who went through the depression,
so that is why I gasp.

I started writing last century,
literally,
and this is reflected
in my desire.

I want things to stop changing;
I don't need my phone to update so much.
Moreover, I don't want the UI/UX design to change.
Fine, update, but leave everything in the same place.

My coffeemaker broke this morning,
so I am cranky,
yet I see myself doing this,
acting this way,
which makes me more upset,
because why can't I be normal,
and not care about these things, goddamnit.

I wish I were a man
who worked a simple job,
like digging ditches,
and simply came home,
drank one Budweiser,
and went to bed
without any desire for better,
and didn't say a word.