the pressure

it shapes my shoulders
and makes my posture
droop like door jambs,
wrecking my weather,
but I get no credit 
from anyone and everyone I know.

however, life isn't about me,
it's about a little her
and a little bit of art
when I have the time,
because like Charlie Darwin,
I am working really hard and evolving. 

I'd like to stop and sing
Jingle Bells but I can't,
because the nature and water of life –
if all around and usually cold,
folding in, all around,
but maybe I'll get to play the harmonica today. 

add on to that sandwich of sadness –
the love of my life doesn't love me,
and has disappeared,
for good or for ill,
regardless it hurts 
like a punch to the under ribs. 

life is down right now,
but it will go up
(if I don't die),
and things will right themselves
like a ship in the afternoon night,
and I will be alright.