Submitted Some Poetry to The New Yorker Today to be Burned

As this part of poetry is not fun, 
it becomes also something of an amusing exercise 
in the right to be a free writer 
by submitting to The New Yorker. 

While I would kill 
a movie theater full of people 
just to have my shitty work included 
with the amazing writers within, 
I understand why you do what you do. 

I understand why you move past my specific poems 
and go for the trees and knees of our contemporaries 
who pander to your bullshit bravado of topical nonsense. 

That said, the curse is to deal with my stupid submissions 
for as long as I live,
so if Kevin Young is exhausted by me, 
which he shouldn't be, he has to resolve that he has another thing coming. 

I realize my poetry isn't for every turd on 3rd avenue, 
but I will not stop sending it, because I firmly want/believe 
that I will one day perish with that tagline next to my nothing,
therefore I applaud and envy the spirit of the next submission,
but hope they dig this one.