Life is a Funny Sunset

Other people are wiser than me
But I know the trick up my sleeve is to
Order pancakes for the table,
And do it with exclamation mark honesty.

Try this the next time you are at Denny’s
The table community will thank you!

We are all in the middle of a song.
We are all lightning by design
With souls Only so brave.
We all also pick our boogers
While driving And none of us admit it!

joy is an easy thing for some
And a hard thing for others
But Every one is Waiting to rise again.
For we are all bastards without saints.

And we only have a few choices
Connect!
Get tentacles!
Runaway!
Embrace!
Get big. Get small.
Be happy. Be less happy. 

No matter if you’re super sad
Or less sad
Or vegan or meditating in the morning
In front of friends who stayed over from Cleveland and didn’t expect this...

Be loud
Be very loud 
Because no one tells tales 
About the quiet people across the hall.

You gotta join hands and 
Celebrate or riot  and sing 
because at least for me
My community is in my chest
And at arms length for love
And I feel you all with every
Loud Beat of my wayward goddamn heart. 

We are all movie geeks
And stupid freaks...
We are all scared and anxious!
Think about that the next time you 
Get mad at the checkout person in Publix
Or fall in love.

Because Just like the sun
Life goes up and life goes down
And then you might lose your wallet 
At a wedding in Chicago and 
I’ll be back from everywhere in the fall.