Dream Factory

Woke up on a boat in Marina Del Ray
to the sounds of seals and seagulls
and the rolling, rippling of water.

The tarp overhead did the trick
and kept the dew at bay,
the gentle sway of the boat did the trick,
because I haven't slept this good
since 1996. 

Talk about a water bed,
I was floating in slumber
and waking up to the sounds
of the mighty Pacific.

I dreamed exquisite dreams last eve, 
a veritable opera of past and future.
I dreamed of a Kentucky girl in New York.
I dreamed of a beautiful young thing in Florida
that makes my heart curious.
I dreamed of all the stunning California gals
I had seen my first day here.

Chilled in both directions,
I opened my eyes to something 
I haven’t seen in a long time:
Possibly with a splash of chance.

Is this my new life?
I don’t know,
But it sure is a Good way
To wake up on a Thursday.