catching in my smoke

booked my plane to LA
for June.
gotta bump up the book release,
but I am so excited.
gonna see Marty
and check a box off my bucket.
doing the next big gig
on the west coast.
how many sad bastard poets
can say that they've done
worthy shows on both coasts,
especially NYC and LA?
not many.
if you know anyone out there,
tell them to come to the show.
it will be June 7th or 8th.
probably at a bookstore or a bar,
but hopefully a baroque theater,
between cemeteries.
and with a plastic bag full of memories,
I will be catching up
with my smoke
that I have been blowing
that direction for a decade or more.
I'll also be setting up meeting
with Hollywood types,
just to shoot for the fucking moon.
I am tired of walking to the end of time.
some good girl once told me
to make my own wayward destiny.
at 35, I am finally listening.
sorry for being selfish,
but it is all I got.
excuse my course.
low and behold,
I swear I will find you there,
licking all the chairs.