There is No Heart in Bushwick

broken beautiful.
best by tomorrow always.
these exclamations points.
don't mark us like love.
in bathroom windows.

I am a romantic.
but never pearly white.
and if another Millennial.
calls hipsters a bad thing.
I may cut there throat.

we are all products.
of love and let downs.
of songs and certain hands.
and I am sorry to say.
but Bushwick is the latest neighborhood to spoil.

for me, at least.
fingernails with dirt.
manicures that hurt.
even as we came.
we never were the same.

I hate working out.
so I still take the train.
to White Harlem.
to play basketball with old Jews.
sorry for the hard J.

all of the liars in your bedroom.
all of the tigers we ignored.
they are leaving, too.
opening up bars in Asheville or Austin.
this is the slow end of everything.