Good Morning Magazine Street

the breakdown kills me.
you can get lost in my mirror.
we can play musichairs for hours.
the world will keep spinning.
faster and faster.
let's just be still.
hope we last long.
and laugh hard while hiding.
our fears and bricks.
will defy years out of existence.
and nicks among neck dresses.

name the stars each night.
then tear them down.
and rebuild battles.
moments are burning miracles.
I think of you in indian keys.
know that now.
because the breakdown is heavier than concrete.
on magazine street.

the bridge sets itself on fire.
hats are hats.
cats are dogs.
who gives a fuck?
especially at a time like this.
my watched stopped working.
and I am glad.
but I still wear it.
because it stopped at the moment of eyes.

three stanzas aren't enough.
not for us.
the spaces in between.
the letters lean.
casting shadows like spells.
it is a long way to the other side.
grading papers.
never have.
never won.
never lost at losing.
guess where I am right now
in the black.
always on fire on feet.